- Working with cross-functional creative teams to develop ideas and build consensus around a shared vision.
- Managing small teams and multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Defining user groups and researching user needs through online surveys, in-person interviews and analytics research.
- Developing practical, actionable content strategies that plan for content substance, structure and governance and guide content-related decision-making.
- Presenting and articulating strategic objectives and success measurements to stakeholders, partners and peers and fostering a shared understanding of the link between overarching strategies and individual decisions.
- Working efficiently and effectively with stakeholders and subject matter experts throughout the content development, editing and approval process.
- Measuring content success through usability testing and analytics research and synthesizing results and recommendations for colleagues and clients.
- Writing and editing clear, compelling, user-centered content for print, web and social media platforms.
- Developing and adhering to style, voice and tone guidelines.
- Using content to increase website accessibility and search engine optimization.
- Understanding complex issues of environmental conservation and distilling scientific data.
- Organization, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Public speaking and presentations to small and large groups.
- HTML and Content Management Systems (including ExpressionEngine and WordPress).
- Advanced Google Analytics and Google Data Studio.
- Collaborative project management software.
Places I've Worked
- Chesapeake Bay Program (University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science) | Web Content Strategist (October 2014 to Present)
- Chesapeake Bay Program (Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay) | Web Writer and Social Media Specialist (July 2012 to October 2014)
- Accokeek Foundation | Stewardship Coordinator (November 2010 to July 2012)
- Patch.com | Contributing Writer (October 2010 to January 2011)
- Capital News Service | Reporter (September to December 2009)
- EQUUS Magazine | Freelance Editorial Assistance (February to July 2009)
- Even’ Star Organic Farm and The CSA at Dominic’s Farm | Farmer (September 2007 to August 2008 and January to October 2010)
- HerChesapeake | Founding Member and Historian (October 2016 to Present)
- DC State Fair | President (formerly Vice President) of the Board of Directors (April 2016 to May 2018)